Make Your Own Red Nose Day Comic Relief Cupcakes
Red Nose Day always prompts loads of people are having bake sales to raise money for Comic Relief. It's not to late to whip up a batch of these fantastic cupcakes and sell them to workmates and friends to raise a little extra for this good cause.
Here's the recipe!
Put the oven on 180
6 oz butter
6 oz castor sugar
6 oz sponge flour
3 medium eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Pack of red roll out icing and icing pens in black and white
1) Beat the eggs
2) Cream the butter and sugar together until light an fluffy
3) Add in the egg a spoonful at a time with a spoonful of flour until all combined.
4) Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases (heaped dessert spoon) and as they rise this will make a nice rounded top for your 'nose;!
5) Bake for about 20 minutes then remove and cool.
6) Brush over the tops with some warm jam (apricot is recommended!).
7) Roll the red icing out thin and cut round shapes to cover the tops of your cakes. Smooth gently on to the tops of your cakes.
8) Using the white icing pen, make eye blobs, allow to set then add black dots, mouth and eyebrows! Silly faces recommended!
9) Serve at your Red Nose Day cake sale and watch the money rolling in for Comic Relief!